Cycling to School
The school has a provision for the storage of bicycles should students wish to cycle to school. Students wishing to cycle are required to provide their own locks and follow the Code of Conduct at all times.
|Code of Conduct
- The bicycle must be checked by the parent / carer for road worthiness.
- During winter months and at night, lights should be affixed to the bicycle on both front and rear. You are advised to take your lights with you once it is parked and locked.
- Students are not permitted to ride their bicycle on the school premises.
- Students should dismount at the school gate and push their bicycle to the lock-up point.
- Students will not be permitted to have access to their bicycle during school hours unless they have permission to leave school.
- Students must adhere to the school Uniform Policy at all times.
- Students are advised to wear a cycle helmet and a high visibility vest over their outdoor coat.
- Students must wear correct school uniform including when riding the bicycle.
- Students must follow the Highway Code at all times.
- All bicycles parked on school premises are done so at the owners' risk. The school will not accept any liability for loss or damage.
- A code of conduct signed by parents / guardian should be completed when students attend school to confirm their agreement for the child to cycle.
|Code of conduct agreement
Please click here to view the Cycle to School Agreement.
Please note students may not ride mopeds or other motorised vehicles to school.