Daily expectations of all students at DWHS.
At Dormers Wells High School, Students must:
- Wear their ID badge visibly at all timesWear their ID badge visibly at all timesWear their ID badge visibly at all times
- Carry a school diary at all times.
- Wear the correct full school uniform at all times.
- Attend school and lessons punctually and comply with the attendance policy.
- Are properly equipped for all lessons.
- Try their best in all lessons and with all home learning tasks.
- Follow staff instructions first time.
- Do not disturb the learning of other students.
- Show respect and courtesy to others.
- Behave in a safe and sensible way around the school Eat and drink only in approved areas at permitted times.
- Respect the school environment and resources.
- Use ICT equipment and social media appropriately.
- Understand that using racist/sexist/homophobic and other discriminatory language is unacceptable which will lead to a severe sanction.
- Understand that if they bring a knife or weapon to school or if they are in possession of a knife or weapon in school that they could be permanently excluded.
- Understand that hats and outdoor coats should be removed once inside the school building.
- Understand that make-up should be discrete and nail varnish or false nails should not be worn.
- Understand that jewellery must comply with the uniform policy.
- Understand that hairstyles should be in accordance with the uniform policy.
- Are not permitted to bring banned items (listed on page 9) into school/on a journey to and from school or on school trips.
- Students understand that failure to comply will lead to an appropriate sanction.
Dormers Wells High School has very clear expectations of students. We encourage our students to participate positively in all aspects of school life. Students should have good levels of achievement, effort, attendance and punctuality. Students should conduct themselves in a respectful manner at all times.
We encourage our students to value:
- Respect for the rights of others
- Responsibility both personally and towards the community
- Consideration and understanding towards others
- Co-operation and helpfulness